User Experienced Bugs in Virtualmin

Hi,

I got 3 items which seems to be a bug in virtualmin and 1 question.

1- When a Virtual Server Owner change his Spam and Virus Delivery options to deliver SPAM email normally instead of writing to standard SPAM folder ( ~/Maildir/.spam ) it won’t work. It means that the Deliver Normally option is selected but the spam emails still going into .spam folder instead of INBOX. Can you please check and confirm ?

2- When a Virtual Server Owner go into Services -> Configure Website -> Document Options and in the Directory Options select “Selected Below” instead of Default and change the “Generate directory indexes” to No it won’t affect and the user can still browse the directory index in the whole website folders. Even I checked the httpd.conf myself and there is no changes in Options line of public_html Directory. Can you please check and Confirm ?

3- I did add a default DNS record for each domains added to the server in the server templates. it is working without any problem but one of the records is *.domain.com which refer to the server ip address. The Server Owner can’t change this record himself with his own interface in Services -> DNS Domain -> Address . After changing the A record of .domain.com to another IP address the interface says :
Failed to save record : '
.qazvin.net.’ is not a valid record name
Please advise.

4- This is not a bug but may be a new request. I want to hide my server name from the customers and the resellers in the Virtualmin Interface. The server name and the OS version is included in the html Title of the virtualmin (Title tag of HTML which is browser window title ) . I want to hide them from my customers. Any advise ?

_Hamid

It seems after changing the site, Joe and Jamie don’t have enough time to check the forums and answer the questions like before. Please let us know if we can help ! Anyway this is the 3rd topic which I created and 2 of them are accepted by Joe and waiting for be fixed and this one is not answered yet after 1 week.

Hi Hamid,

Sorry for the slow reply. I’m still getting caught up from when I was traveling last week.

All of these, except the last, are bugs. Filing a ticket for each of them in the tracker will get them fixed…probably in the next release.

For the fourth, it’ll probably need to happen in the theme. Themes aren’t configurable the way modules are, but we have added some configuration options to the framed theme, so it’s reasonably simple to make small configurable options, like this. I’ve file a ticket for myself and will try to get it done before the next release (a new version of the theme is going out today, so it won’t make it into that one, but probably in the next week or two).

Hi Hamid,

For question 4, it is possible to prevent the hostname and OS from being shown already - go to Webmin -> Webmin Configuration -> Index Page Options, and change ‘Show version, hostname and OS in title?’ to No.

For question 3, Webmin doesn’t by default allow * hostnames by default, as they aren’t quite supported by the DNS spec. But if you do want to use them, go to the BIND module, click on Module Config and change ‘Allow wildcards’ to ‘Yes’.

For question 2, this works OK for me … are you sure that directory indexes aren’t allowed at the directory level in the Apache config?

For question 1, that sounds like a bug. Are you sure that the user doesn’t have spam delivery to Maildir/.spam setup in his .procmailrc file though?

I see the problem - those blocks in /etc/procmailrc like :

:0

• ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/

should removed. Did you add them, perhaps using Webmin’s SpamAssassin Mail Filter module? They will force all mail classified as spam to be delivered to ~/Maildir/.spam , for all domains.

I didn’t put that. I checked in Webmin -> Servers -> SpamAssassin Mail Filter -> Procmail Spam Delivery and Append to Qmail-style mail directory is set to $HOME/Maildir/.spam
But this doesn’t mean that I set it myself. It was there without my notice and I think this is default configuration of Virtualmin.
So you mean to change this manually myself ? I have to change it to Deliver Normally or what ?

You shouldn’t need to setup anything on the ‘Procmail Spam Delivery’ page, as this is a global setting and Virtualmin can configure the delivery destination on a per-domain basis.

So you can delete those lines from /etc/procmailrc manually - let us know if they come back again, as this would indicate a Virtualmin bug.

Dear Jamie,

Thanks for your brief answer.
For question 2 I checked and it seems if we change the Per-Directory option for /home/domain/public_html it will work OK. but if we change Virtual Server Options -> Document Options it won’t affect on the default configuration of the Virtualhost in Apache.

Regarding the question 1 I checked the user home directory .procmailrc and it is empty.
My /etc/procmailrc is :

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
TRAP=/etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail-logger.pl
:0wi
VIRTUALMIN=|/etc/webmin/virtual-server/lookup-domain.pl $LOGNAME

• ?/usr/bin/test "$VIRTUALMIN" != ""
    {
    INCLUDERC=/etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail/$VIRTUALMIN
    }
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    $HOME/Maildir/.spam/
    DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
    ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
    DROPPRIVS=yes

and I checked /etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail and the logfile name of that domain and it is :

DROPPRIVS=yes
:0cw
| /etc/webmin/virtual-server/clam-wrapper.pl /usr/bin/clamscan
VIRUSMODE=1
:0e
/dev/null
VIRUSMODE=0
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin --siteconfigpath /etc/webmin/virtual-server/spam/118510361518410

Please advise.

_Hamid