User control of cron jobs

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 20.04.5
Webmin version 2.013
Usermin version 1.860
Virtualmin version 7.5
Theme version 20.13
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

I’m sure I saw somewhere that domain owners can control their own cron jobs, if this is correct where do I find the option in the virtualmin menus or do I have to enable it somewhere ?

Server Templates->Template Name->Administrator’s Webmin Modules->Scheduled Cron Jobs (users cron jobs)

This is, I believe, enabled by default in the default template, though, so probably shouldn’t need to change anything. Maybe you’re just not looking in the right place (it’s in the Webmin menu under System category).

The Domain owner does not have access to the webmin menu so how does a domain owner manage their cron jobs ? currently I am adding cron jobs as admin on behalf of the domain owner

Login to admin.domain.name, then on the left menu - Webmin Modules, Scheduled Cron Jobs.

You choose whether they have access to the Webmin menu. Just like everything else. It’s all configurable. :man_shrugging:

I thought is would be here

am I looking in the wrong place ?

Found the correct place vmin->domain->edit owner limits->other restrictions toggle Hide Webmin modules category in menu to no
however when you have this option set it opens a rats nest of options and duplicates

so I guess it’s not possible to

1. if the module is present in other places don’t display it (removes the duplicates)
  2. move the remaining options to the Administration Options menu

They can if you give them access to Usermin.

You can edit the preferences in Webmin here:
Webmin > usermin configuration > Usermin Module Configuration > Scheduled Cron Jobs

When the user is logged into Usermin:
Usermin > Tools > Scheduled Cron Jobs

That’s a thought … may be the way forward is to disallow domain owners to virtualmin and add modules to usermin