Uploading backup to S3 failed

Hello,

I had a scheduled S3 backup to OVH object storage and it was working fine. Since the backup is daily with email reports, I know that the backup started to face this failure since June 16.

The error is:
upload failed! Failed to upload information file : The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.

I checked the storage and I can see that the actual backup files are uploaded without any issue but .info and .dom files are not uploaded.

I searched and found this related unresolved old topic but I had no such an issue before June 16:

I also checked Virtualmin’s changelog and it seems that there have been changes on Backing Up to S3 in the latest version:

Could you please assist?

| SYSTEM INFORMATION|
|------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| OS type and version | Debian |
| Webmin version | 2.021 |
| Virtualmin version | 7.7 |
| Related packages | SUGGESTED |

I have noticed a warning displayed above the list of my S3 buckets:

I have specified the endpoint on the Cloud Storage Providers page to be OVH, rather than amazon.com. I believe this may be the reason why the (.info and .dom) files are not being uploaded. It appears that the code for uploading the actual backup files differs slightly from the code used for uploading info files, causing the info files to use an incorrect endpoint.

I would like to mention that my buckets are listed correctly and their content is displayed properly. The actual backups are being backed up without any issues. The problem lies specifically with uploading the Info files of the backup, and it started occurring after installing the latest version (7.7). Hence, it seems to be a new minor issue that can be tracked.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

I wanted to report that my problem has been resolved!

The resolution involved upgrading AWS CLI and setting the Region in AWS config file.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.