Undefined subroutine &main::init_config called at /etc/webmin/virtual-server/virtual-server-lib.pl line 7

help pls…

When did that start occurring? Did you by chance just perform an upgrade?

-Eric

I use slackware linux
i have problems with pearl
I install the mode authempam
and it don’t want to start from dynip.pl
at this comand perl ./dynip.pl it is the error WEBMIN_CONFIG not set at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 3942.
Compilation failed in require at ./dynip.pl line 7.
al line seven rules ./virtual-server-lib.pl
if i give perl ./virtual-server-lib.pl same error
i can’t change WEBMIN_CONFIG not set at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 3942. if i change something virtualmin don’t work
and if i ruled perl ./web-lib-funcs.pl goes on, no problems
some ideas?
what can I do to work dynip.pl

Well, first off, remember that Slackware isn’t really considered a supported distribution… it can be made to work, but it’s going to require extra work to get it to function correctly :slight_smile:

Next – I suspect you may be trying to call the wrong “dynip.pl”. You typically would never need to call anything within Virtualmin’s directories… you’d always want to use the files in /etc/webmin/virtual-server. Those files would be configured with the correct parameters.

For example, they’d setup WEBMIN_CONFIG for you.

Make sure that in Addresses and Networking -> Dynamic IP Update, you have that enabled, that should copy dynip.pl to the correct place for you.

-Eric

i have dynamick ip … with pppoe conection.
I try but it doesn’t work! !!!

Addresses and Networking -> Dynamic IP Update.

After this I push the button ‘’ save and apply’’ that give me this message: Dynamic IP updating has been enabled. Virtualmin will check every 5 minutes for changes to your IP address 86.124.223.62, and update the selected dynamic DNS service
After 5 minutes I check Dynamic IP Update and I see this message :Last updated IP address Not updated yet

i update webmin and virtualmin and no change