Unable to Run Facebook Connect Code

Unable to run Facebook Connect- SDK

Following link provide the Facebook - PHP code to connect to FB from our site
https://github.com/facebook/php-sdk

This is a very simple code provided by facebook, but this script is showing blank page on VirtualMin (VPS server) but the same script on another server running without any error.

Kindly Once execute the above code and Test it please…

OPERATING SYSTEM: CentOS/RHEL 5 Description Operating system CentOS Linux 5.3 Webmin version 1.550 Virtualmin version 3.86.gpl GPL

Does this Script require and Advance PHP plugins… ?

Well, it looks like you posted this same request twice already:

https://www.virtualmin.com/node/18737

https://www.virtualmin.com/node/18736

Did you try any of the suggestions we made? If so, what happened when you tried?

My recommendation is to look in the error logs when you attempt to access it, and see if any errors show up in the error logs.

You can find the error_logs in $HOME/logs/error_log.

If you have any missing dependencies, it may display them in those error logs.

If the error logs don’t show any missing dependencies, you may want to try a different PHP Execution mode. You can change that in Server Configuration -> Website Options.

-Eric

sorry for the inconviencie all my previous posts are mixture of multiple errors, couldn’t solve any.

so i made seperate individual posts,

thanks for ur reply, i have seen error logs,

this is what it noted

[Mon Jul 04 17:59:24 2011] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Facebook needs the JSON PHP extension.' in /home/heyandhra/domains/3sms.heyandhra.in/public_html/step2/src/facebook.php:13 [Mon Jul 04 17:59:24 2011] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: Stack trace: [Mon Jul 04 17:59:24 2011] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: #0 /home/heyandhra/domains/3sms.heyandhra.in/public_html/step2/index.php(3): require() [Mon Jul 04 17:59:24 2011] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: #1 {main} [Mon Jul 04 17:59:24 2011] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: thrown in /home/heyandhra/domains/3sms.heyandhra.in/public_html/step2/src/facebook.php on line 13 [Mon Jul 04 17:59:25 2011] [error] [client 183.82.155.36] File does not exist: /home/heyandhra/domains/3sms.heyandhra.in/public_html/favicon.ico

Ah, so that first message there is telling you it sees a missing dependency:

Facebook needs the JSON PHP extension.

That means you need to install the PHP JSON module.

You can do that on CentOS by running the command “yum install php-json”. You could do it on Debian/Ubuntu by running “apt-get install php5-json”.

-Eric

I have updated from php 5.1 to 5.2 first problem solved…

but rest of errors continuing
now my error log is full of [warn] with mod_fcgid: stderr:

how to rectify this sir ? :slight_smile:

Thanks in Advance

Well, that sounds like an application is generating an error, but not actually showing what it is.

Do you have the same issue when using the CGI or mod_php execution modes?

-Eric