Unable to configure mail forwarding settings for a user in Virtualmin

I’m trying to configure mail forwarding for user with Virtualmin 4.02.gpl GPL running on a CentOS 6.3 server.

For some reason, Mail Forwarding Settings section is not displayed when I attempt to edit user account. Is there any setting in Postfix or Virtualmin configuration that needs to be enabled for this section to appear?

Thanks,
Michael

As far as I know, the only feature required for that to be active for the domain would be “Mail for Domain”. Do you have that enabled?

Howdy,

Also note that there aren’t Mail Forwarding Settings for the Virtual Server owner in “Edit Users” – you’d need to set that by going into Edit Virtual Server -> Configurable settings, and in there you can set the “Contact Email”.

-Eric

@Eric: Are you sure about that? For me, “Edit Users” does show the Mail Forwarding Settings also for the virtual server owner, provided “Mail for Domain” is turned on.

I seem to recall though that this indeed was different in the past… Maybe this got changed some time?

@Locutus: you hit the nail on the head with ‘Mail for Domain’ setting being disabled. I just realized that I must have disabled the email on this virtual server because it was cloned from another host and I was not planning to use it to send/receive email at the time.

I know this is a VERY old thread, but I just hit the same problem today, and I needed to dig into the Virtualmin source code to understand that in my case Mail forwarding settings was not showing because in Edit User > Email settings the Primary email address enabled? was set to No.

Hope this can help someone.