Unable to access Webmin Panel as Server is Taking too long to Respond

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux 8 64bit with Virtualmin
Webmin version

Hi, I recently purchased hosting through Hostinger. I selected Webmin to be my Panel to manage my hosting. Currently, I need to upload my website files to Webmin so that I can have my website running.

The issue is that whenever I try to access the Webmin admin login page, it gives me the following error:
“This site can’t be reached”
“[IP Adresss] took too long to respond.”

The URL I am using is the same one that Hostinger has provided me with (IPAddress:10000). I can connect to my Usermin portal just fine.

I have tried to SSH in the actual Webmin VPS but still cannot resolve the issue. When I check the status of the server through the VPS it shows:

I have also tried to restart the Webmin server, but that is not working either:
“Job for webmin.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status webmin.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.”

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue.

Thank you

I think you need to take this up with Hostinger.

Did you install via the OS Templates? Or you did the install from docs?
https://www.virtualmin.com/download/

First option you need to get them to fix.

I’d suggest you use to docs using a later OS like AlmaLinux 9 or Rocky 9.
Docs install is very easy.

you quoted in part

See “systemctl status webmin.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details

did you get a chance to look at the output of either command – its possible that could give more details on the issue

Right, this is what it tells me when I run the “journalctl -xe” command:

When I run the “systemctl status webmin.service" command I get the following:

[root@vps ~]# systemctl status webmin.service
● webmin.service - Webmin server daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/webmin.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (start) since [Current Date Time]; 3s ago
Cntrl PID: 14426 (miniserv.pl)
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 24514)
   Memory: 8.5M
   CGroup: /system.slice/webmin.service
           └─14426 /usr/bin/perl /usr/libexec/webmin/miniserv.pl /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf

vps.com systemd[1]: webmin.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.
vps.com systemd[1]: webmin.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5142.
vps.com systemd[1]: Stopped Webmin server daemon.
vps.com systemd[1]: Starting Webmin server daemon...

I’ll try to reach out to them.

I can see Webmin is already installed when I run “whereis webmin”.
I was following the doc you sent. My CLI was telling me I should do the installation on a brand new environment. It may cause problems if I install it with the current softwares (MySQL, php, etc) present.

Docs are for a clean OS. It sounds like you have just created the OS so it shouldn’t be a issue to restart.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.