Ubuntu 9 and the install script

I am running the install script on Ubuntu 9.04

I did see that it is not supposed to work, but I though I would give it a try any way. Just to see what would happen.

The post install verification failed…

The Suexec command on your system is configured to only run scripts under /var/www, but the Virtualmin base directory is /home. CGI and PHP scripts run as domain owners will not be executed.

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

So I guess it didn’t work. :>)

Any idea when it will be ready for ubuntu 9? Or are there any tips for getting the install setup to work on ubuntu9.

I can deal with ubuntu 8 for now, but I am just curious

Thanks

Todd

Virtualmin will work on the Ubuntu LTS releases… the next of which comes out in April of 2010 (only 4 months away!).

The problem with non-LTS releases is that the life cycle of the distro is too short, so running a stable server becomes more difficult.

However, you can fix the particular error you’re seeing by disabling suexec in the Server Templates, or by installing the “apache2-suexec-custom” package, and setting it up to use /home. Doing this, however, doesn’t solve the issue that there isn’t a software repository for non-LTS Ubuntu versions, so you won’t be able to take advantage of a lot of software Virtualmin normally makes available to supported distros.

-Eric

thanks for the update!