Trying again

I had to restart WEBMIN and I no longer have a useable back end.

when I select the webmin module I have the following options

Under Webmin
–Change Language and Theme (nothing else-how can I manage stuff without the configuration tab?)
Under System
–Change Password
–Running Processes
–Scheduled Cron Jobs
Under Server
–BIND DNS Server
–Read User Mail
–Virtual Email
Under Others
–File Manager
–Protected Web Directories
–SSH login
Under Un-Used Modules (light grey)
–Scheduled Commands

Thats it - I used to have over 40+ modules installed. I don’t understand how they all disapeared. Webmin just stopped working about two days ago and I had to run a restart via Shell. Do I need to start webmin differently to get the rest of the modules back? Should I update? If so - how do I do that in shell - since I have no configuration page in webmin?

Really need some help here please

Thank you

What’s your distro? As which user are you logging in? Did you try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies? Tried another browser? How did Webmin “stop working”? How did you restart it?

As I was getting this info for you, I realized that I logged in under a username - and not root…User error.

So you fixed my problem by just asking some questions - thanks and sorry for the stupidity

Sometimes, it just needs the positive aura of an “expert”. :wink: And no worries… I suppose there’s no admin under the Sun who hasn’t produced that kind of fail at least once in their careers. :wink: