Transfer of virtualhost between servers

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu 20.4 to Debian 10
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17

Hello,

I am using transfer between servers quite a lot. Up to now I was used to edit /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/XXXXXXXXX when PHP-FPM version was different between origin and target server (for ex. from PHP 7.4 to PHP 7.3 or vice-versa …) because the transfer utility would not do it, and I would be advised by the fact that FPM would not be available on the target virtual host (PHP Options).

I just discovered that the most recent versions of Virtualmin did address that issue, ie the PHP-FPM version is now correct and the FPM option is already checked if the origin was FPM.

But I did 2 transfers today and target virtual host was not working, error being “file not found” in the browser although no file was missing … after trying different things, like re-transferring a second time, restarting FPM, editing the file mentioned above (that’s how I discovered it had been properly set), I finally switched back to FCGID then back to FPM and everything started to work again …

I first thought something weird happened during transfer but when it happened a second time with another transfer between different servers I decided to report it, it seems that everything is set up properly but it’s missing some kind of restart …

Pierre

Yes, that often does the trick.

I wish there was a button which would carry out this two step operation with a single click. Maybe captioned ‘Rebuild web configuration’.

#FeatureRequest

Thanks for the feedback, yes that’s a good idea !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.