The problem of migrating Virtualmin to the new host and keeping the old Virtualmin configuration

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.2-1
Related packages updated all packages

Hi All!!
I am using Virtualmin 7 webmin 2.0
My VPS was previously used through this Virtualmin and its version is MySQL, recently I plan to switch to a new service provider to administer another VPS, the old service is almost expensive. and that’s where the problem comes from.
When I intentionally create a new VPS and install Virtualmin on the VM, what I get is not the MySQL version, it is transferred to Mariadb and I can’t restore the file I backed up from my old server, help me pls!

I had this one also …
it turned out the Mariadb could not understand the Collation of the database tables, The way I fixed this was to change the collation in the backup mysql dumps to get it to work with Mariadb, you could though uninstall MariaDB and install mysql in it’s place

feeling brave? SQLines - Online SQL Conversion - SQL Scripts, DDL, Queries, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers

@quyenqtmk11 This post should be helpful:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.