The MySQL adapter "mysqli" is not available

getting Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:The MySQL adapter “mysqli” is not available

brand new setup, installed from install.sh on ubuntu 8.04 hardy. php5 is installed.

Howdy,

Not all PHP modules are installed by default, as some folks want them, and others don’t. I suspect the case here is just a simple matter of installing that particular module.

You can do that by logging into SSH as root, and typing:

apt-get install php5-mysqli

Hello,

I run an AWS instance with Debian 7

I ran this command as root user : apt-get install php5-mysqli

But i get the given below error:

root@ip-172-31-6-196:~# apt-get install php5-mysqli Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done Package php5-mysqli is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source However the following packages replace it: php5-mysqlnd php5-mysql E: Package ‘php5-mysqli’ has no installation candidate

Please help.

Also, please let me know if we install packages like ‘gd’ do we need to compile them separately with php and restart apache ?

Please inform the procedure to do the same and also if there are any automated tools like “Easy Apache” present in cpanel

Thanks