The latest Virtualmin upgrade is forcing me to do all Post-Installation Wizard steps on the Production Server

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: REQUIRED
Webmin version: REQUIRED
Virtualmin version: REQUIRED
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

Icon name: computer-container
Chassis: container
Virtualization: openvz
Operating System: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:centos:centos:7
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-1160.21.1.vz7.174.13
Architecture: x86-64

Warning!
Webmin version 1.979 is now available, but you are running version 1.973.
1.- So I clicked on the Upgrade button: Upgrade Webmin Now
2.- But the Webmin and Virtualmin tabs got blank! after the upgrade and I have several VPS that I checked and they are still running, fortunately.
3. I try to cancel the Post-Installation Wizard but it do not cancel the Wizard
4. I follow the Wizar but in the step:
Setup default virtual server? No, thanks Create server with domain: my.vps.comain
I do not want to go further, I do not want to reinstall the Server I do not what to lose the customers’ VPS.
5. How can I safely abort the Post-Installation Wizard and keep all my original old server configuration and VPSs intact?
Attached is a screenshot.
Please help thanks

Not sure about the blank tabs but the post-installation wizard won’t reinstall the server. Just go through the steps and finish the wizard and see if that helps.

1 Like

On that screen I would just select “no thanks” and finish the wizard. That way it’s not going to change anything.

I’m wondering if maybe at some point the original default server was modified, changed or deleted and after the upgrade it wanted you to define a new one. It’s only a guess.

1 Like

Thank you @shillongserver it worked, everything was fine :sweat_smile:
Thanks @Gomez_Adams the problem is that it did not allow me to cancel in the first step of the Wizar, nor on any step.
Fortunately, everything is working.
Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.