Testing cloudmin gpl on Vbox or vmware

Hello Good Day To every one.
I want to test cloudmin gpl version on vbox on my intel pc , i tried but it always give me an error
“cannot create /tmp/RPM-GPG-KEY-virtualmin: Permission denied”
Is cloudmin testable on vbox on windows on intel machine.
What is the ideal environment for cloudmin locally.
Thank you in advance for any help.

I don’t think so. But, also, the error you’re getting is because you don’t have a fresh OS install, or you’re trying to run the installer as a user other than root…so, this error has nothing to do with whether it’ll run inside VirtualBox, but also you can’t run it inside VirtualBox.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply
After asking the question i tried to install it on fresh ubuntu 20.4 with no webmin or virtualmin installed and it installed but i can’t login to it
So i can’t use it in vbox like virtualmin ,
anyhow so as you mentioned i think i only can install it on a live vps not localy on vbox nor vmware like virtualmin or webmin right ?!

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think you can run virtualization software inside of virtualization software (Cloudmin GPL manages either Xen or KVM on the local machine…Cloudmin Pro can run on a VM and manage Xen or KVM on other systems, but GPL only supports local use). If you can install and run KVM to create virtual machines inside of VirtualBox, then you can run Cloudmin. But, as I said, I do not think that is possible.

1 Like

But, once again, the problem you’re having (not being able to login), has nothing to do with that. You should be able to login as whatever user has sudo ALL privileges, if you don’t have a root user.

1 Like

Thank you for your support
after a reboot it gave me the login page
but cloudmin gave me this message
This system cannot be a Xen host : No network bridges were found on the system.
Virtual systems cannot be created or added until this is fixed.
So thank you again for your help ,
i will handle it from here

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.