Suggest Check/Uncheck All Option in Upgrade Scripts

As the topic title says, I’d like to make a suggestion.

I have perhaps 100 Joomla sites on my server, most 1.5.23 and a handful of 1.6.. When I use the Script Installers > Upgrade Scripts and select Joomla 1.6. to upgrade, it lists all Joomla sites, both 1.5 and 1.6 - which actually is an error since you can not upgrade 1.5 to 1.6 in this manor. This means I have to do a heck of a lot of unchecking.

So my suggestion is to either have the 1.6 upgrader only pull up Joomla 1.6 sites or have an option to check all/uncheck all. Actually check all/uncheck all could be useful for other situations anyway.

Brian

Howdy,

Well, I’m bringing up the possibility of preventing Virtualmin from even offering to perform such an upgrade.

Are there reasonable steps one could take if they wanted to migrate from 1.5.x to 1.6? Or is that generally just not going to work?

-Eric

I don’t think upgrading is going to work. I heard the best you can do would be migrating from j15 to j16.

Helpmin is right - 1.5 to 1.6 is a migration process. There in lies my point, 1.5 sites should not be included when choosing to bulk upgrade 1.6 sites.

Brian

Yeah, Jamie is looking into all that now.

Since 1.5 to 1.6 isn’t a clean upgrade, the Install Scripts shouldn’t allow such a process. So that shouldn’t even be showing up as an option… Jamie is working out those details :slight_smile:

-Eric

Looks like 1.6.5 to 1.7 might be much more manageable from Virtualmin’s upgrade.

http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.6.5_to_1.7