SSL not secure on port 10000

Hi there,

I have this Droplet Ubuntu VPS running web application. All this while is running fine. But when I need to login to webmin to reboot server, it shows the SSL is expired.

When I access the main domain (1to1media.my) the SSL is working fine. But when I try to access to webmin 1to1media.my:10000 browser shows Not Secure site. Firefox show this code Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE.

All the web application is working fine except port 10000 when I tried to access to webmin.

I login to webmin > Server Configuration > SSL Certificate > Let’s Encrypt. The last successful renewal is on 31st August 2021.

Hope to have a simple solution on this as I am not a technical person.

Please advise what should I do.

Thank you.
Joseph

Hi,

Yes, the solution is simple. You should tell Webmin to use 1to1media’s domain certificate for miniserv requests.

This can be done from virtual-server.name - Server Configuration ⇾ SSL Certificate page and its Current Certificate tab by clicking the following button:

However, this might be undesirable in terms of other services selectiveness, and then you would need to use Virtualmin CLI command to set it up explicitly, like:

virtualmin install-service-cert --domain 1to1media --add-domain --service webmin

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

By changing as mention either on Virtualmin UI or Virtualmin CLI command. Does this step affect my on-going web application that are running on the VPS? Just to confirm before I commit on this.

On this part:

virtualmin install-service-cert --domain 1to1media --add-domain --service webmin

The domain 1to1media exclude the .my?
Can I type this command on Putty?

Thank you.
Joseph

Yes.

This should be your actual domain name.

No, it will only change few records on Webmin config.

Hi,

This should be your actual domain name.

So if my actual domain is 1to1media.my, I type this to the command?

Thank you,
Joseph

Yes, the way it was registered with Virtualmin.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I use the command line method.

The port 10000 does not show Not Secure anymore.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.