SSL doesn't work

Hi everyone. I’m pretty new dealing with servers and SSL configs. This is my first VPS server.
I got this SSL certificate on Virtualmin. I chose the option with wildcard, cause I had the idea to with subdomains.
It created the files and the certificate, but the SSL doesn’t work even on the main domain. I don’t know where the mistake is.
If someone can help me I appreciate that.

ortomedcdr.com.br
Apache version 2.4.6
CentOS 7
Host Contabo
Webmin 1.942 + Virtualmin

Welcome to the community. I tried to visit the website but could not connect, so am unable to diagnose.

I suggest you forgo the wildcard option and apply to Lets Encrypt for a standard certificate. Let us know how that goes.

yes definately use the “KISS” principle for starting out. Only go for a standard certificate for www.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com (these should be the default already preselected in virtualmin)

Dont forget to ensure that you have the following dns records

yourdomain.com A Record <server public/external Ipaddress>
www.yourdomain.com CNAME Record <yourdomain.com>

As long as you have the above dns records, and they are resolving it should work.

You can check if your dns is resolving by using the free https://mxtoolbox.com online checker! (it has quite a few alternative testing tools ie mx, spf, reverse ptr, dkim, _dmarc, dns…etc etc). I use it extensively.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.