SSL certificates renewal not working properly

Hi!

I have Virtualmin installed on a Centos 6.10 machine:
Webmin version 1.973
Virtualmin version: 6.16
Usermin version: 1.823
Authentic theme version: 19.73

The certificate auto-renewal is not working (we had before the patch applied to feature-ssl.pl and it was working, before updating webmin/virtualmin).

Manually renewing the certificates is working … sort of. In the “current certificate” tab we see “the certificate expired x days ago” message but in Let’s Encrypt tab, it shows it as correctly applied.

The certificates are in /etc/webmin/webmin and /home/domain-name (in both folders, the certificates that were manually renewed have the correct date/time)

Would it be possible to fix the problem? What could we check?

i can confirm that same happening on Debian 10.

On my CentOS 6.10 there is no logfile for this …

Same here… on:
Webmin version 1.981
Virtualmin version 6.16
Ubuntu 18.04

Two separate servers both failing to autorenew lets encrypt certificates since beginning of the year. Fixed the repositories a couple of months back to bring Virtualmin up to 6.16 but still missed the last round of auto renewals, having to go through each virtual server in turn now to renew manually.

Any advice on why this is still an issue and how we can troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.