Spam

Hello, i’m afraid with spam, every day the spam is rising and increasingly come more spam, I have enabled spam controls but not enough, what options do you have enabled? Is there any doc which recommend how to improve the detection of spam?

Howdy,

Have you enabling Greylisting? Using greylisting can make a bit difference.

You can enable that in Email Messages -> Email Greylisting.

-Eric

Another idea is to use DNS blacklists like spamhaus.org in Postfix.

Hello, i’m sorry for my delay in answer :frowning:

I have enabled greylisting, and one dns blacklist, but i view an error when i report one mail to spam, this is the error:

bayes: expire_old_tokens: locker: safe_lock: cannot create lockfile /var/spool/mqueue/.spamassassin/bayes.mutex: Permission denied
plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create lockfile /var/spool/mqueue/.spamassassin/bayes.mutex: Permission denied
ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information at /usr/bin/sa-learn line 493.
Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)

Can you help me ???

I have virtualmin pro

Howdy,

Can you describe how you’re reporting the email as spam? For one, what email client are you doing that from?

-Eric

directly from the Virtualmin, namely usermin

Eric, any news ???

Hmm, what is the output of this command:

ls -la /var/spool/mqueue/.spamassassin/

[root@hosting ~]# ls -la /var/spool/mqueue/.spamassassin/ total 300 drwx------ 2 ronald.domain-int domain-int 4096 may 10 10:49 . drwxrwxrwx 3 root mail 4096 may 10 10:49 .. -rw------- 1 ronald.domain-int domain-int 18 may 14 12:04 bayes.mutex -rw------- 1 ronald.domain-int domain-int 12288 may 14 12:04 bayes_seen -rw------- 1 ronald.domain-int domain-int 339968 may 14 12:04 bayes_toks [root@hosting ~]#

Here we go…

Hmm, it’s possible that ham/spam learning won’t work with the particular spam processing mode you’re using at the moment.

However, I’m curious whether the user you’re having problems with currently is “ronald.domain-int”?

-Eric

You can add the settings of the spamassassin rules in Mysql, so the training is easy.

And install the plugin @johndoh
http://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/johndoh/

No, this user Ronald it’s the only can report spam through usermin, possibly some command I was trying to change permissions to fix this error, but I understand that I have to apply for per-user and it should be fine by default

Thankyou bernardo, i try :wink: I hope it’s easy install,
finally my virtualmin pro with 100 license seem has not sufficient to work with antispam :frowning:

When in doubt, get someone who knows what he/she is doing.
Configuring a server is not rocket science, but it requires that “minimum” amount of knowledge and patience.

Thanks for your invaluable help Inteq, i wear 30 years dedicating myself to the computer, 8 and 16-bit MS-DOS, Novell, NT, etc … in messaging started with Lotus, then Exchange 5.0 to 2013 and since not much with Linux, I consider Microsoft a good technician, try to be a good technician Linux, sure with your help and patience would win a lot of experience

Best regards