Spam/Virus quarantine gui?

🛈 SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Virtualmin version 6.17-3

Hello All,

I have just successfully set up my first Virtualmin server with website and mail server. Everything appears to be working correctly. I have clamAV and Spamassassin running and tests show they are working correctly.

I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a gui spam quarantine? On other mail systems I have tried (Mailcow, cyberpanel etc) there is a gui frontend we can see a list of quarantined spam/virus emails and release/train if needed.

2. Is there a daily spam digest email we can enable? I do not see any options for this in Virtualmin.

3. On CyberPanel (uses mail scanner/maiwatch) when a mail is trapped due to a virus it sends you a notification email that this happened and lets you know you will not get that email. Is that an option to enable in Virtualmin?

@rexdog1,

There is no GUI per-se… However “spam” is typically placed in a folder called “Junk” within a users mailbox, and “viruses” are typically deleted by default.

Domain users should use the web interface webmail.yourdomain.com or your domain:20000 - you will see folders and one of them is called spam or Spam (normally). Users can also tweak and let the system ‘train spam’ over time. There are some advance filtering options that can be edited by users themselves.

Thanks for the replies.

I really wish there was some sort of MailWatch functionality as well as a spam digest feature in Virtualmin. Would be a huge bonus. Its the only drawback I can find and is the one thing that may stop me from moving my email from my crappy shared host to my own VPS. I like Virtualmin much more than CyberPanel, but I may have to go that route for this reason…

Yeah I see where you come from. DirectAdmin also has some tweaked features addons that helps with spam/av related options in the panel. Makes it easier to manage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.