Some domain details missing

Operating system: CentOS Linux 7.9.2009

Hoping someone might be able to offer some insight here on how to fix this issue please.

I run Virtualmin for my personal websites for myself and my partner. Mostly just gaming related stuff, some WebDav for easy remote access to files, and email. I run a weekly full backup using Virtualmin every Sunday at midnight. This morning I wake up to an email that my backup was partially completed in 7 seconds, opposed to the normal 90 minutes for a full backup and then listing which domains were incomplete. Nothing was listed.

When logging into virtualmin to manually perform the backup I’m seeing ALL of my domains in the drop-down / select box are replaced with numerical values. the backup process lists ‘missing domain data’. The content of /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains are all 0 byte files with filenames matching the numerical values in virtualmin.

I have my backup from a week ago including the .DOM and .INFO files. Is there any way short of a full restore that I can regenerate the content of the domains directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I might have figured it out…

In the ./backup folder of each backup file is a file named $dom_virtualmin. In this file it contains the ID number the virtual min domain. Restore the content of this file to the appropriate ID to recover the domain in virtualmin

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.