[solved] First time Fresh install on Debian 10 - your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin

Hi,
I’m testing Virtualmin for the purpose to migrate some projects that now run on cPanel servers. I did a fresh install on a clean Debian 10 VPS using the following command:

sh ./install.sh --bundle LEMP --minimal

The VPS will not be used as mailserver, so I chose the minimail install. After the wizard, I have the following screen:

**The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active ..**
Your system has 3.76 GiB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MiB.
BIND DNS server is installed, and the system is configured to use it.
Mail server Postfix is installed and configured.
Postfix can support per-domain outgoing IP addresses, but is not currently configured to do so. This can be setup in the [Postfix Mailserver](https://server.nodusweb.it:10000/postfix/dependent.cgi) module.
The following PHP versions are available : 7.3.11 (/bin/php-cgi7.3)
The following PHP-FPM versions are available on this system : 7.3.11 (php7.3-fpm)
PHP versions have changed to 7.3 since last check. Regenerating any missing php.ini files.
MariaDB 10.3.18 is installed and running.
ProFTPD is installed.
Logrotate is installed.
The AWstats command /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl was not found on your system.
**.. your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.**

My questions are:

• why is the system not ready? What should I do to make it ready?
  • why I miss the AWstats command?
  • Why do I have Postfix even If I chose the minimal install?

Hi,

Choosing minimal install will not install awstats package, while postfix is still being installed, as a core package.

Why is the system not ready? What should I do to make it ready?

Either install the missing package:

apt-get install awstats

… or disable AWStats feature on System Settings/Features and Plugins

The list of packages that you would need to check and install manually, if needed, as they are not installed, with minimal install:

postgresql, postgresql-client, libdbd-pg-perl, libpg-perl, clamav-daemon, clamav-freshclam, clamav-docs, clamav-testfiles, libconfig-inifiles-perl, spamassassin, postgrey, awstats, webalizer, fail2ban, milter-greylist, unrar, p7zip, xz-utils, certbot

thank you very much, very useful list.

on my end it worked with just wget …install.sh and then as su, just run ./install.sh and it will work as normal…

But I don’t want Apache and don’t need the mail stack, so can’t use sh ./install.sh