SOLUTION to PostFix problems

This is a fake account (to search the forum - wont let you without being logged in). I will never remember this account login but I am providing everyone help for future who get stuck with PostFix related issues. I was trying to enable “SSL website” feature which was hidden and I thought oh no another problem so it was OK. There is a page to enable that.

ONTO POSTFIX issues.

Below are notes for literally 3-4 different issues I had with VirtualMin and how to resolve Postfix problems (mailing). I kept having issues saving settings on “Features and Plugins” page on Virtualmin (use search box on VirtualMin left menu). It refused to let me tick on “SSL website”.

Slowly I fixed all the issues with postfix. Barely understand what Postfix does or why I had these issues… why this features page wont let you save if there are any problems elsewhere is something else…

#@MODAN added to solve "A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : No map sources were found in the Postfix con…

nano /etc/postfix/main.cf

ADD THIS LINE at BOTTOM:
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

NEXT PROBLEM: This virtualmin page https://YOURSITE:10000/procmail/

says it have this exact line in /bin/procmail - mine did not.
“mailbox_command = /bin/procmail”

ADD TO SAME FILE AT BOTTOM

mailbox_command = /bin/procmail

NEXT PROBLEM

Another error now about running as root now - I tried yum reinstall procmail-wrapper did not help.
I ran: ls -la /bin/procmail which returned:
root mail 118952 May 14 2019 /bin/procmail

RUN THIS:

chown root.root /bin/procmail

Next PITA error:

The procmail command /bin/procmail has 100755 permissions, when it should be setuid and setgid to root…

RUN THIS:

chmod u+s /bin/procmail
chmod g+s /bin/procmail

No more errors!

This was on a Clean CentOS 8.1 install running virtualmin with install.sh (did not install webmin first - I tried that first on Centos7 - seemed to make zero difference). I moved to Centos 8 just to get MariaDB 10+ installed without issue. - I was about to give up on Virtualmin - this should of all been working out of the box.