Software Licenses FAQ and license renewals

Howdy all,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve been working on the Software Licenses module lately. It’s still not doing everything we’d like, and isn’t providing all of the functionality I’d planned when we migrated to Drupal 7 (this has been a long and harrowing experience, but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel). But, we’re reaching the end of some of the license extension bonuses that we’ve been giving to old customers, so I wanted to document what folks need to do to renew those old licenses now that they’re expiring.

Most old licenses received anywhere from 3-8 months of free license extensions, kind of in lieu of the coupons I’d planned to offer; though I’m still working on making coupons or other discounts happen, as we’d like to reward our longtime customers for sticking with us through all of these crazy website growing pains. People who’ve been customers since before January 7th of this year will still receive some kind of additional bonuses, we just have to figure out how to make it work!

So, there’s a new Software Licenses FAQ. It’ll tell you how to renew old/expiring licenses, cancel recurring licenses, and upgrade licenses. If you run into any problems or have questions about your licenses, billing, etc., please don’t hesitate to open up a ticket. We’re always happy to help sort things out.

One additional note about billing and renewals; we do not currently have a way to update card information on file, except in the order process. So, to update card data currently requires placing a new order with the new card, and cancelling the old recurring order. That’ll be fixed really soon, I hope. It is next on my todo list.

Cheers,

Joe