SMTP stopped working

Guys, what would be the reason for SMTP to stop working. It has been working fine and all of the sudden it stopped. Thanks in advance.

Operating system:
OS version:

Never mind. I found the issue.

@ilouie,

Have you checked the mail log?

CentOS: /var/log/maillog
Debian/Ubuntu: /var/log/mail.log

Your question is a bit generic in that there are tons of reason for a mail server to stop working, so it’d be a best a guessing game without some actual details to help identify the problem. Hence, I recommend reviewing the “mail log” as it’ll generally give you an indication as to what’s not working.

If the above is a bit daunting, you can hire me for a reasonable rate to investigate and fix the issue for you. Drop me a line if you’re interested in this offer.

Best Regards,
Peter Knowles | TPN Solutions

Need Professional, Affordable Technical Support? Request Assistance at: https://tpnassist.com

I had to add the SSL…

@ilouie,

Fair enough, glad you were able to resolve the matter :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

But, I do have a question. What would be the reason this happens?.. This has happened a few times already…

@ilouie,

Without a proper review of what your server was or wasn’t doing, it’s hard to just guess at what might be happening or happened.

If you’d like to setup a consult session, I can take a peak and give you my feedback on the matter.

Best Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.