SMTP host can't be found

I installed Roundcube works perfectly fine but whenever i try to test my smtp anywhere else it says No host found

Mail.vendocard.xyz
doesn’t exist
I don’t know what idid wrong! please help , I can’t use SMTP but roundcube and other build in aps working fine to send email. I created a MX record for mail.vendocard.xyz with priority 5 , Please let me know am getting this error

An MX record is not an address record. You also need an A record for that name.

Try domain.tld instead of mail.domain.tld.

Did made a A record but still doesn’t help , I can’t use the SMTP option but roundcube and SquirrelMail works perfectly fine please help

How its not working

What’s not working? What did you enter for hostname, exactly?

I was trying to use the SMTP credentials and it always says Host error! I tried mail.domainname.xyz
domainame.xyz but didn’t work! Am gonna make a new one and try again

Ok, after you create the new virtual server, say xyz.tld, use the hostname of your Virtualmin server (say hostname.tld) in the email client. I think that might work.

1 Like
  • Connection could not be established with host mail.vendocard.xyz :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to starttls://mail.vendocard.xyz:587 (Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)
    Log data:
    ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
    !! Connection could not be established with host mail.vendocard.xyz :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to starttls://mail.vendocard.xyz:587 (Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) (code: 0)

This is the erro please help

• Connection could not be established with host mail.vendocard.xyz :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to starttls://mail.vendocard.xyz:587 (Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)
    Log data:
    ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
    !! Connection could not be established with host mail.vendocard.xyz :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to starttls://mail.vendocard.xyz:587 (Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) (code: 0)

Thats the error am getting! please help

As Joe had pointed out earlier, mail.domain.tld (MX record) won’t work

what should I do? everything works if i use roundcube , But i can’t use SMTP it keep saying the same thing! SMTP HOST error! doesn’t work Why bro help

does that mean i need a different domain?

You can use any name you want. DNS no longer appears to be the issue.

This looks like maybe a missing PHP module? What mail client is producing this error? It’s not anything I’d be familiar with (I don’t know anything about PHP and mail), but that needs to be in the conversation.

1 Like

Trying to add it in Mailwizz! I even triedd using just simple smtp Tester , it says

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)
used even this : https://www.smtper.net/

its maybe Virtualmin Smtp hostname or port problem. Please bro help! I used roundcube works perfect but whenever i use SMTP port and credential it produce error!

Where is the MX record?

oh this is now like stupid stuck owerflow…forums. meh

Easy, big guy…easy…

Help! please if you know help me out! yeah am stupid and noob but please help me

Please help! yeah am a noob bro! help me out. :slightly_frowning_face: