Show personalized page when open IP in browser

Sorry, could find a better title. This might be a general linux question, but I think that what I want to do is easier to accomplish through virtualmin (or webmin).

Long story short: I have a couple of sites on my server and most of them are using one IP… actually I only have 2 IP so I have no choice but to share them among domains. Now, various SEO tools, online analyzers and such, are warning me that the IP under which a domain resides should not load the same website as the domain, because the SEO rating will decrease or something like that. Right now the IP, when entered in the browser’s address bar, will load one particular site, the main one… which also happens to be the most important and, if the analyzers are right with their advice, I’d like to make it so that the IP will not load the same site as the domain, but a simple (other) page.

In other words, just in case my English is to hard to understand (not my native lang): domain.com loads a real estate site, domain.com’s IP is 123.456… and 123.456… is loading (in browser) the same real estate site.
How can I do so that 123.456… will load a .html page which is hosted somewhere on the server?

Now, various SEO tools, online analyzers and such, are warning me that the IP under which a domain resides should not load the same website as the domain, because the SEO rating will decrease

Hmm, that would surprise me if that were the case! But, a lot of SEO stuff surprises me :slight_smile:

How can I do so that 123.456… will load a .html page which is hosted somewhere on the server?

You could always just setup the IP address as a Virtual Server, and then put a custom website within it’s public_html folder.

-Eric

If you mean create a new virtual server, it doesn’t work :frowning: Or maybe I understood wrong: I’ve just created a new server in Virtualmin who’ domain is the IP of the server.
Thanks, are there any other ways?

Doesn’t work, Eric… or maybe I understood wrong: I’ve created, in Virtualmin, a new server with the domain as the server’s IP?!

Doesn’t work, Eric… or maybe I understood wrong: I’ve created, in Virtualmin, a new server with the domain as the server’s IP?!