Should this warning be displayed?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 2204
Webmin version 2.110

if you look at the screen shot it appears like webmin wants to downgrade it’s self

when did that show up, I have 2.105 but don’t remember I update.

Maybe a bug, release just out.

Just Now … but remember this is a webmin only install, virtualmin gets the new webmin at some point in the future. I added virtualmin module to get the server status on the dashboard and is unused

1 Like

Just refreshing packages

No update, maybe it’s been recalled.

Ok, just read what you said.

@Ilia, I thought you’d stopped making up your own version detection and were using the package manager to detect new versions? There should be one source of truth about package versions and available updates, and it should be the system package manager.

Yes, this is exactly what we do!

This is Webmin internal update mechanism. Jamie should have fixed it already.

If you click the refresh button at the top right of the dashboard table, does this message go away?

@jimr1 How did you install Webmin? Did you install Webmin from source?

Jamie advised it has been fixed on git hub issue and no i installed via apt

Can you show a screenshot of Webmin → Webmin Configuration page?

Here it is

What did you do in particular to have Upgrade Webmin icon displayed?

Nothing but I must add I do have scheduled updates set to every day and all updates

Can you provide a step-by-step guide on how you installed Webmin on this system? Did you migrate the /etc/webmin directory from another system?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.4
Webmin version 2.105
Usermin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Theme version 21.09.5
Package updates 3 package updates are available

This is a standard Virtualmin/Webmin install on Ubuntu 22.04. This may or may not be related to the topic. I have not noticed if the Upgrade Webmin has always been there.

My system is Ubuntu Linux 22.04.4 but the verbiage talks about upgrading the Debian package with nothing about don’t do it if you are not Debian. I assume it would fail.

Hello,

Can you provide the steps you used to install Webmin?

Virtualmin downloaded installer from site on fresh system in February 2023. All upgrades have been done through the Virtualmin Software Updates pannel.

No migration … it was a case of adding the repository and using

apt install webmin

Those who see this issue, do you log in as root or do you use a root-capable user?

root-capable user