Server running with Suhosin. Please refer to documentation for possible issues.

Hello,
after installing virtualmin i loginto phpmyadmin i got this error “Server running with Suhosin. Please refer to documentation for possible issues.”

can you help me fix this problem. my site acting wired sometimes.

Howdy,

What problems specifically are you running into?

-Eric

i’m not sure, recently my site getting sql error, internal server error sometime slow loading. but i’m not sure why is this happening. however i get this Suhosin error when i login to phpmyadmin. is there anyway to disable it?

tks

Howdy,

If you ever get 500 errors, I’d suggest reviewing your Apache logs to see the exact cause… those are in $HOME/logs/error_log.

However, you can disable Suhosin. To do that, edit $HOME/etc/php.ini, and add this:

suhosin.simulation = On

thank you for your reply,

i did add the line you gave me to my php.ini but the message still popup in phpmyadmin is this normal…

andreychek,

I wanted to make sure prior to adding the line. So if I want to DISABLE Suhosin I would add the following to all instances of php.ini:

suhosin.simulation = On

The reason I ask, is this line appears to enable Suhosin? Although I have learn to ask prior to making any decisions that may affect other end users. The reason to disable is that we are getting a handful of complaints regarding importing large MySQL Tables, they get internal server error and when I look at the logs it points to Suhosin as the culprit.

Howdy,

That option enables the “simulation” mode of Suhosin.

Suhosin is enabled by default, as most distributions compile it into PHP. But you can enable the simulation mode, which essentially disables Suhosin (or, turns it into “warning only” mode).

-Eric