Scheduled backups stopped working, cron problem

Hello everyone, I noticed a problem today with scheduled backups.
I am unable to save a scheduled backup anymore If a schedule is selected.
After I select a schedule (simple or cron) and click save I receive this error:
Error

Failed to save scheduled backup : Failed to open /etc/webmin/webmincron/crons/166817724578117.cron for writing : No such file or directory

The strange thing is that this folder does not exist and it never existed, so I think that there is a configuration problem that tells virtualmin to save the cron in the wrong place.
Where can I find this setting? Do I have to make a symbolic link that point /etc/webmin/webmincron/crons/ to /etc/cron.d/?

That’s really strange, my scheduled backups stopped working something like a week ago and only today I noticed this problem.

I also performed a package upgrade today and seen the error in the post-install script:

Have anyone else encountered this problem? Any easy way to fix?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.3-1

No! Definitely not that.

I don’t know what the problem is here, but mixing up unrelated cron implementations is not going to do anything good. webmincron is the Webmin implementation for running scheduled jobs within the Webmin app server and has nothing to do with your system cron.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.