Same Username Different Domain

I am not sure if this belongs here or the Webmin forum, but I’ll give it a go. I tried searching for this, but had no luck.

I am using Virtualmin to help on my personal servers. I am currently hosting 4 domains. I am using MySQL for storage not LDAP.

Is it possible to have the same username across different hosted domains using MySQL?? If not is it possible with LDAP?

For example
admin@example.com
admin@domain.com

Here is what I am coming across. On domain1 I added a user called Admin. On domain2 if I try to add a user called Admin it tells me there is already a user with the same name on the same domain. So I tried to create a user admin@domain2.com and it worked. However that users email address is admin@domain2.com@domain2.com.

Is there a work around for this?? Am I missing something??

Thanks in advance
Av.Geek

In the Virtualmin configuration and server templates there are settings how VM should deal with usernames in case of cross-domain conflicts, and whether it should always add the domain part to the name (separated by which character).

Please look through the settings, I cant check right now since I’m on Smartphone and cant acces my Virtualmins. :slight_smile: