Running a json script

Please i want to run a josn script in virtual min but i have not seen any proper guide on what and how to configure but i will be glad if help can be rendered to me. Thank You,

@whyldechyde,

You need to provide more information about what you are trying to do.

My scripts are json files so i want to run them on a virtualmin server already configured with virtual min. but when i uploaded it to its domain folder, it is showing me a 403 error. i was told that i had to add json to application but i dont know how to so i want a step guide on how to make my json scripts work in virtualmin

JSON is not executable. You cannot “run” JSON files. It is an object notation in JavaScript, often used for config files, but can be used for a variety of things. It’s basically just data in a JavaScript readable format without the ability to execute. In short: JSON is data, not executable.

But, “run them” is not a thing you can do. You’re going to have to tell us what these JSON files are before we can possibly tell you how to use them.

1 Like

It is a web page that contains the JS files. I want the webpage to come online. see attached pictures for more information.
content

You need to run an application and you don’t know what it is? I’m having a hard time understanding how you’re in a situation where you don’t know what you’re trying to run, but you’re trying to run it, anyway.

Anyway, that appears to be a Next app. https://nextjs.org/

And, it appears to be written in typescript, which requires a build/compile step, it cannot be run directly even if you have install nodejs.

1 Like