Roundcube update failed

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: CentOS7 REQUIRED
Webmin version:1.981 REQUIRED
Virtualmin version:6.17 REQUIRED
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

Hello,
I currently have Roundcube v 1.3.4 installed and I am trying to update to 1.3.16 or to 1.4.11 but whichever way I go the install fails

Upgrading RoundCube to version 1.3.16 ..

Configuring webserver PHP settings …
… already done.

Found https://github.com:443/roundcube/roundcubemail/releases/download/1.3.16/roundcubemail-1.3.16-complete.tar.gz in cache …
Failed to extract source : Uncompression failed :

/bin/tar: roundcubemail-1.3.16: Cannot mkdir: Permission denied
/bin/tar: roundcubemail-1.3.16/temp: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: roundcubemail-1.3.16/INSTALL: Cannot open: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: roundcubemail-1.3.16/public_html: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory

I have checked the following:

1. sufficient disk space
  2. logged into virtual min as root
  3. I have added root to “domain” usergroup

I’m running out of ideas… any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

root doesn’t need to be in any groups. It already has unlimited permissions. But, I think installs always happen as the domain owner user…not root. So, maybe the files are owned by root or the apache user or something for some reason and that’s causing problems for writing as the domain owner user? So…check those paths, see who owns them.

Is SELinux disabled (or in permissive mode)? That can cause permission problems even for root.

Hi Joe,
Thank you for a quick reply. I have checked SELinux and it is disabled.
I have always installed scripts using root and never really had issues until recently. I have also logged into Virtualmin as the domain owner and tried installing the script and I got same errors.
I checked the permission on /root/home/DOMAIN folder it is owned by User: DOMAIN and Group: DOMAIN
I have also checked the permission on /root/home/DOMAIN/public_html and same permission as the DOMAIN folder.

do you know where the script actually downloads the file? is it in the /root/home/DOMAIN/Downloads or temp? because I didn’t see any files there

Thank you

What on earth is happening here? Why is anything in /root!?!?

My apologies.

its in the /home dir.

OK. I was very confused/concerned how you’d gotten Virtualmin to put anything in /root.

But, I don’t know what the problem is. Does the domain have free disk space? (i.e. not nearing its quota?)

Local disk space 190.72 GiB used / 807.2 GiB free / 997.92 GiB total

disk space is not the same as domain’s quota… domain might be over it’s allocated quota on disk, and that would explain the failure of mkdir, etc…

virtual server → edit server → check quota details.

Hi Dimitrist,
Thank you for the reply.
Quota is set to unlimited

in that case, i would check/test manually, eg.
try to create file/dir from ftp user for DOMAIN, or from cli :
sudo -u DOMAIN mkdir /home/DOMAIN/public_html/roundcubemail-1.3.16
see if that outputs any error(s).

No errors.
it was able to create the folder.
perhaps I can execute the scrip through CLI?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.