Roundcube Browser Illusion?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04
Webmin version 1.994
Virtualmin version 7.1-1 Pro
Related packages Roundcube 1.5.2

Hey folks…

At the risk of asking a dumb-dumb noob question… I need a bit of confirmation as to verify that my browser & session coookies are just creating the illlusion of a security hole… rather than an actual security hole really existing.

My goal is create a centralized install of Roundcube on a virtual server and use that for webmail for my users rather than usermin.

I followed these rather straight forward instructions…
https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/web/faq/

Additionally, I used the solution below to resolve a SMTP 250 authentication error.

During my inital testing, I tried to log into 3 different email accounts in different Chromium browser windows… which failed miserably.

Example:
I successfully accessed the inbox for “webmail.domain.com

Then, in a different Chromiunm browser window I entered “webmail.different-domain.com” and instead of being asked for username and password, I was immediately brought to the inbox of “webmail.domain.com”.

I immediately, assumed that I screwed something up, but is this rather the result of session cookies?

With the same exact install method. I can go to 3 different browsers and access webmail for 3 different domains without problem. At this point, I am guessing my installation is correct and secure… just looking for verification… :face_with_monocle:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.