Rocky Linux 9 & AWStats & GeoIP

Hi

I struggle now a bit with AWStats and GeoIP on my new Rocky Linux 9 Installation.
When I activate in the interface geoip2_country and geoip2_city no error is thrown but also I have for every IP unknown as country. So I downloaded the mmdb files, added them in the conf file and still not working and even worth when I click save and regenerate reports within the interface these lines are deactivated again.
Than I saw that at the end of the conf file the plugin is also loaded. So I added the path to mmdb file at that point and than within the interface I see that the plugins are deactivated and reactivating them again deactivates my line and add just a line to load the plugin without a path to the mmdb file.

So I thought I maybe wrong and tried the plugin geoip_city_maxmind and also geoip (not both together) but that leeds just in an error:

Error: Plugin load for plugin ‘geoip_city_maxmind’ failed with return code: Error:
Can’t locate Geo/IP.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Geo::IP module) (@INC contains: /usr/libexec/webmin /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.32 /usr/local/share/perl5/5.32 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/share/awstats/lib /usr/share/awstats/plugins) at (eval 6) line 1.
Can’t locate Geo/IP/PurePerl.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Geo::IP::PurePerl module) (@INC contains: /usr/libexec/webmin /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.32 /usr/local/share/perl5/5.32 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/share/awstats/lib /usr/share/awstats/plugins) at (eval 7) line 1.
Error: Need Perl module Geo::IP or Geo::IP::PurePerl

And for GeoIPFree Plugin:
Error: Plugin load for plugin ‘geoipfree’ failed with return code: Error: Can’t locate Geo/IPfree.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Geo::IPfree module) (@INC contains: /usr/libexec/webmin /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.32 /usr/local/share/perl5/5.32 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/share/awstats/lib /usr/share/awstats/plugins /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/plugins) at (eval 6) line 1.

I tried installing all I could find with yum for geoip and maxmind but no success :frowning:

Isn’t that working? I never investigated much time in awstats as I used webalizer but Webalizer isn’t available anymore on Rocky Linux 9

Thanks for any ideas that I could me missing

At the end at least geoipfree seems to work now
Over CPAN I installed different modules but for geolite2 database still no success

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.