RHEL5 and CentOS 5 support

I’m afraid that “definitely soon” is not soon enough for me. I have postponed my new server configuration for so long now that I can’t wait any longer.

I already bought the Pro license and the machine should be running after next weekend. So I think I take my changes with self installation (which is really stupid if the installer support comes in the next couple of days). But as Joe stated you never know how long it takes to support new OS and my time is up.

I can easily get web server with necessary software (apache, postfix, dovecot) running but am I forced not to use VM repos also in the feature? When Joe has all packages built for Centos5 can I somehow switch to use those? Actually I don’t understand why there are so many vm packages in the Centos repo if apache is only package that needs recompiling (suexec).

Unfortunately, I am also in the same situation as you. I have been delaying the launch of our production server while waiting for VMpro support for CentOS 5.0. Here’s hoping that the soon is going to be really soon.

Joe - Is there any chance of an update on the progress of support for CentOS 5? I need to plan some server rebuilds.

** Posted May 15, 2007
CentOS/RHEL users, I haven’t forgotten you! Version 5 will be supported tomorrow, if all goes well (turns out, it’s harder to support than Debian 4.0…I’m as shocked as you are).

Support seems to be very close.

> CentOS/RHEL users, I haven’t forgotten you! Version 5 will be supported tomorrow, if all goes well (turns out, it’s harder to support than Debian 4.0…I’m as shocked as you are).

Joe, thank you, thank you, thank you… I was already having suicidal thoughts… your update offers a ray of sunlight… hehehe…

Been checking Virtualmin website a few times every day for the past weeks… hoping to see that you have conquered Mount RHEL/CentOS.

I’m sure Matti will buy you a first class air ticket to Honolulu when you release installer support for CentOS/RHEL. Won’t you, Matt? :wink: