RHEL Installing dependencies and system packages

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: RHEL 8.4
Webmin version: Failed to install
Virtualmin version: Failed to install
Related products version: CentOs 8.4

Hi,

I had CentOs 8.4 minimal installed with nothing installed on a new physical server. I converted it to RHEL 8.4 using some online guide - it actually worked and was simple. It now boots up as RHEL 8.4

I then tried to install virtualmin:
Phase 1 of 3: Setup
Phase 2 of 3: Installation

• Enabling Red Hat CodeReady package repository OK
  • Installing EPEL 8 release package OK
  • Installing dependencies and system packages [ERROR] Failed with error: 1
    [ERROR] Something went wrong. Exiting.
    [ERROR] The last few log entries were:
    • package perl-Log-Log4perl-1.50-1.el8.noarch requires perl(Log::Dispatch::Syslog), but none of the providers can be installed
    • conflicting requests
    • nothing provides perl(namespace::autoclean) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Devel::GlobalDestruction) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Dist::CheckConflicts) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Params::ValidationCompiler) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Specio::Declare) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Specio::Exporter) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Specio::Library::Builtins) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Specio::Library::Numeric) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Specio::Library::String) needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
    • nothing provides perl(Specio) >= 0.32 needed by perl-Log-Dispatch-2.68-1.el8.noarch
      Installing dependencies and system packages: [2021-09-20 09:46:04 CEST] [ERROR] Failed with error: 1
      [2021-09-20 09:46:04 CEST] [ERROR] Something went wrong. Exiting.

I tried to reinstall, remove etc and nothing works. Virtualmin install/setup wont pass this stage (although Perl is already installed by RHEL). Anybody else seen this after converting from CentOs to RHEL 8?

sh ./install.sh
Will pass the first 2 phases but stops on 3rd when checking dependencies.

hi it’s okay how it used to work was centos then if proven stable go to Fedora and then redhat since they cut some issues and stuff I would like to recommend redhat channel for answering…you have all open source right under your fingers…so

rhel is not anything anymore like centos…it was changed

good luck with it.

Ah got it working. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.