Reseller and Extra Administration accounts?

A reseller creates an Extra Administration user. The Virtualmin manager cannot see the extra admin users, only the reseller user. An extra admin with “full” privileges" (all abilities/features checked) can delete themselves, create additional extra admin users but cannot delete/edit the “master” reseller user. If the “master” reseller user is deleted by root, the extra admin users still have access to the virtual servers that the reseller account did, even though by default, they now “belong” to root (unless assigned to another reseller). So, I don’t see how root can see, edit or manage extra resellers from within the Vmin Pro GUI.

I’m concerned that if a reseller creates extra admins and then leaves or is on extended absence, there’s no way to easily find out who they assigned as extra admins, delete or edit them as root …

Or is there?

Hmmm. Well I got it wrong sorta. A reseller can creates an extra admin for a virtual site, not an additional reseller admin. And root can see extra admins assigned to a virtual site by selecting the virtual site and selecting Manage extra admins under Administration options. However, that’s site by site. Under “List Virtual Servers” the root user can see all sites and the number of users assigned, but extra admins do not appear in the user list, so it would have to be site by site.

No way to get a listing of extra admins assigned to each site from root? Or from the reseller account for that matter?

And is it possible to create extra reseller users for the same reseller domain?

And is it possible to create extra root-level vmin admin users with root-like powers (in case you don’t wanna login as “root”)?

Seems to me a great features would be to have the “list Virtual Servers” display screen show:

Domain name, Admin Username, Description, Users, Reseller, Extra admins

with Extra admins listed as with the Users column …

Howdy,

Domain name, Admin Username, Description, Users, Reseller, Extra admins

with Extra admins listed as with the Users column …

Not a bad idea! You might want to pop that thought into the Issue Tracker as a feature request (using the Support link above).

-Eric

Howdy,

And is it possible to create extra reseller users for the same reseller domain?

No, unfortunately.

It’s a reasonably complex thing to add, so things like that tend to not be added unless folks start requesting it. My recommendation there is to make a feature request so that they know you’re looking for it.

And is it possible to create extra root-level vmin admin users with root-like powers (in case you don’t wanna login as “root”)?

Yup!

If you create a new Linux/UNIX account, and set it up with “sudo” rights – if you then log into Webmin/Virtualmin as that account, you’ll see “Master Admin” listed for that account.

-Eric