Request failed : Web-based validation failed

Hi my friends. I am having this error while creating ssl certificates, can you help me please

Requesting a certificate for tutino.ir, www.tutino.ir from Let’s Encrypt …
… request failed : Web-based validation failed :

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None Starting new HTTPS connection (1): acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org Obtaining a new certificate An unexpected error occurred: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: tutino.ir,www.tutino.ir: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

Hi,

You would, either need to install certbot and make it pull the right, updated R3 CA certificate for your virtual server to use or install this patch locally.

Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains

You would be able to retry later in time. However, it seems that you have already requested successfully Let’s Encrypt certificate for your domain.

The reason why newly requested certificate is failing, is because Let’s Encrypt switched to using new R3 CA certificate for signing issued certificates, while you supply old X3 CA certificate stored in ~/ssl.ca file. The work-around would be is to manually replace CA certificate stored in ~/ssl.ca with the content of R3 CA. Moreover, it would also be needed to replace one in ~/ssl.combined and ~/ssl.everything files.

The easiest solution is to install certbot and try again later or apply the mention earlier patch and try again later.

Hi again, sorry for the late answer
thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.