Renewal Issue: Duplicate card exists

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: CentOS
Webmin version: 1.973
Virtualmin version: 6.16 Pro

I just noticed my license expired and the credit card I have on file is no longer there. How do I resolve this? I tried adding the payment method back but get:

Status code 81724: Duplicate card exists in the vault.

I have two Virtualmin Pro licenses

same here…trying to renew fails…

I tried adding the payment method back but get:

Do not add a card, try going to the Shop, pick the license you need and checkout placing an order. Does this work for you?

@s4brown and @hescominsoon Do you guys have few accounts with Virtualmin? If so, could you login to that other account(s) and delete duplicate bank card, and afterwards re-add it over again? Does that work for you?

I looked into this issue yesterday and adding a new card to multiple accounts worked for me, only if that card wasn’t registered before. @Joe was going to give it a look on the Braintree side.

Until this is resolved, another simple work around would be is to issue a new virtual bank card (in your bank app) and use it instead.

Also, you could use PayPal to pay for the license instead of using a bank card.

Same here and the licence is expired… how to renew?

Thanks. I was able to purchase a new licenses at /shop with my existing payment method, which now shows up in My Account.

I also want to make sure that the expired licenses will not renew now that a valid payment method is on the account as I replaced the expired monthly licenses with yearly licenses.

They will not renew. I was unable to bring the old orders over, there were just too many differences and too much chaos in the old system. Your new licenses will automatically renew until canceled (which you can do at any time, and the license will expire at the end of the billing period in which you cancel). So, all previously purchased licenses will expire at the end of their term, and you can switch your servers to the new license using the virtualmin change-license --serial <serial number> --key <license key> command.

I am having this issue as well. I show no cards saved but get a duplicate card exists error. I know I do not have 2 accounts. Can someone assist me as well as my license has also expired.

I am having this issue as well. I show no cards saved but get a duplicate card exists error. I know I do not have 2 accounts. Can someone assist me as well as my license has also expired.

Purchasing a new license at Shop – Virtualmin worked for me. You’ll need to run the
command Joe mentioned above with the new serial and key that shows up in your account

Did you experience the problem recently? Like in the past 24 hours? There’s code that’s supposed to prevent this error, but, it maybe doesn’t work for every case, and I’m trying to figure out why (and if the problem you hit was something we already fixed).

Yes it happened this morning. I had a backup issue and logged in to find my license had expired.

Another thing is there are no billing informations. Where can I get the old invoice?

That’s unrelated. But, if you need copies of old invoices from before the migration, you can find them on https://archive.virtualmin.com, under Account->Orders. You’ll have to login to access your old account data, but it’s all there including orders. It is in read-only mode, however, so you can’t change anything (and won’t need to, none of the old subscriptions or licenses will renew or be billed).

thanks for info regarding renewals

expired 8 days ago but now sorted, :thumbs up:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.