Reinstall Virtualmin

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Webmin version 2.021
Virtualmin version 7.7
Related packages Mysql, Apache

Hi, so i updated all of the packages then site crashed so have tried reinstall webmin / virtualmin vis ssh

Without any luck as it gets to MariaDB password and it says incorrect password, and if i try to use: mysql safe mode gives me an error about shutdown failed.

Is a there a true command i can use inside SSH to completely wipe and reinstall the Webmin & Virtualmin so i can go in and restore the site i had on there which i have backed up?

Thanks

Hi, you should go with fresh install/reinstall - that is not possible from command line. If you are on bare metal - access it directly - if that is virtual machine you have to reinstall it (download os iso and install it and then reinstall virtualmin). If that is vps - you can repeat same process as for bare metal but via vps cp. Once reinstalled and virtualmin base setup - you can try to proceed with restore.

I am not aware of any bash script nor command which would reinstall broken os like new os - perhaps my own limitation - sorry. But this is how I would do it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.