Quota Update Issue in Virtualmin... (isolated issue)

For some reason, one of my user account will not allow me to manage their quotas from Virtualmin. This seems isolated to the single user account, as all other accounts have been successfully updated.

Here’s the message I get when I attempt to change the quotas by switching the “plan” the selected user is on.

Changing plan to Bronze, and applying new limits …
… done
Modifying administration user …
… Administration user failed! :

Updating Webmin user …
… done

Saving server details …
… done

Re-loading Webmin …
… done

*** Note this does not occur for any other user on the server which is why I am bringing my concerns here. ***

Virtualmin Version: 3.703.gpl GPL / Webmin Version: 1.480 / Theme Version: 7.1 / OS: CentOS 5.3 / Kernel and CPU: Linux 2.6.18-128.1.16.el5 on i686

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered!

Howdy,

Are you seeing any errors in the Webmin error log, over in /var/webmin/miniserv.error?

-Eric

Eric,

No, I’m not getting any errors in the “miniserve.error” file.

I’m having a similar issue, accounts who are not over limit can be edited without issues.
Accounts who are already over limit result in the same error message:

Modifying administration user … … Administration user failed! :

Updating Webmin user … … done

Saving server details … … done

Re-loading Webmin … … done

No relating error in miniserv.conf

Ok, manually editing the user’s & group’s quota through webmin -> system -> Disk Quotas solves the issue

This does not solve the issue permanently. As the feature still will not work on selected user.

BTW: As noted above, my user too is over their bandwidth usage limits.

Just to clarify, it’s just the quotas that you’re not able to modify for these users?

And you only have trouble with that once the account reaches/exceeds their quota?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I guess so…

All I see is this message:
[blockcode]
Modifying administration user … … Administration user failed! :
Updating Webmin user … … done
Saving server details … … done
Re-loading Webmin … … done
[/blockcode]

After diging a bit further, (using the “Validate Virtual Servers” option), the only thing wrong is the quota settings.

I’ve manually edited them, by clicking in “Webmin” on “System” and then the option “Disk Quotas”.
After editing both the group and user of the account that was wrong, the issue was resolved and I’m able to edit the user through virtualmin again (changing plans, setting quota’s correctly etc)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I take it back. Apparently I had updated only the “group” quota for the user, but not the “user” quota.

Once I did this manually as instructed by “websmurf”, quotas were once again working through Virtualmin (adjusting plans and such)

Thanks “websmurf”, and sorry for knocking your suggestion.