Public Keys DNS records

I noticed a new entry in the bind module - Public key

Is there any documentation available??

I have installed a DomainKeys filter but its not quite working yet.
I made the entry in the records manually
selector1._domainkey IN TXT "k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCS…wIDAQAB; t=y"
but my mail is still going to hotmails/live.com junk folder

seems MS is getting more strict in the last months so i need the keys to work.

I followed the documentation @ http://jason.long.name/dkfilter/

There are lots of things that can make hotmail unhappy.

Have you followed this guide?

Of course.
I haven’t had an issue yet until now with my newsletter and my IP is in perfect standing

but live.com is a pain in the neck. Apparently the rules are getting more strict to what is “spammy”
gmail doesn’t accept 5 links anymore but 4 is okay.
yahoo refuses always on the first delivery attempt, but goes through in the end.
M$ likes you to buy a “sender score” license of no more then $1000 annual and $400 application fee! f*ck them

M$ are assholes – they allow tons of spam to be sent out and do nothing to filter and ban the users, I get shitloads of 419 crap from live.com

M$ wants to play the “Al Capone” way - “we can do anything we want but don’t do it to me”

Ive removed the jason.long dkim keys as they were too old.
there is one from last januari but that dont work.
stupid tutorials

Any documentation anywhere on the public key entry in the bind module for zone files? It looks like webmin can handle public keys but what ever i fill in, it gives errors as i dont know how to use it…

Any documentation anywhere on the public key entry in the bind module for zone files? It looks like webmin can handle public keys but what ever i fill in, it gives errors as i dont know how to use it.....

Those are not relevant to DomainKeys/DKIM. It is for signing zone transfers. Most folks with simple deployments don’t need to think much about it. You’d just setup a shared key for zone transfers on your two DNS servers, and not worry about zone-specific signing.

Currently there is no support in Virtualmin or Webmin for DomainKeys. I’m working on a few enhancements to the anti-spam tools in Virtualmin, though, and I’ll probably add DomainKeys support at that time. Though, at this point, I’m unaware of any major mail providers that consider not having a DomainKey to be a “spammy” characteristic. Adoption has been much slower than for SPF, because it is so much more complicated to implement…and the tools just aren’t very good yet.

Is this available yet ? I have 2 customers that were using domainkeys in plesk but now I have no way of seting it up ? I’m not sure how to d this by hand ether.

Not quite yet, but it’s on Joe’s todo list :wink:

If you were going to do it manually, I’d recommend looking into DKIM rather than Domain Keys. Both are incredibly similar, but DKIM is the successor of Domain Keys.

But Joe’s mentioned recently that he’d like to get that into Virtualmin here at some point!
-Eric

Actually, someone just posted this a moment ago, for how they got DKIM implemented on their server:

http://www.virtualmin.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=77&func=view&catid=7&id=21898#21898

That link doesn’t work anymore and didn’t get converted to Drupal-urls.

I need to implement DKIM to make yahoo mail servers happy, is there now a year later an easy way to do so ?

Well, I found the post it was referring to, I believe it was this one:

http://www.virtualmin.com/node/6568

The bad news, though, is that the fellow there linked to another site, and that other site is no longer online :-/

I haven’t heard anything on the DKIM front, I’ll pass your request along to Joe and Jamie to make sure they know you’re interested in it.

-Eric

I have setup new server with virtualmin , i have added all the require records, but still all outgoing mail are going to junk folder in recipient account,i have also checked it with simple text mail , but same result.
my domain name is :- myleastprice.in

1. You could avoid necroing 6 years old topic and make new one. Its easier to stay focused on your problem and easier to find for others who could have same problem as you. You should know some basic forum rules.

2. You are blacklisted by several RBL and one of them is Spamhaus: https://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL1586901

3. Your DMARC is invalid

4. Before you even think to sort your blacklist problems first check if your SPF, DKIM and DMARC records are valid plus if you have rDNS. If you somehow manage to get unlisted from RBL but didnt repair your records you will get listed really fast but to get unlisted again could be time consuming, stressful and costly.

If you need more help please open your own topic, necroing several years old topics is not cool.