Problems running multiple PHP versions 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5

I am trying to install and configure PHP 5.5 (the latest one on the PHP site) to work in the /opt/rh/php55 folder which I created, along with the install for PHP 5.4 and the default php 5.3 version (the 5.4 using the tutorial on this site).

Now the only problem I am having is with PHP 5.5, it’s running as standard mod_php fine (tried running the phpinfo() function in an index.php file and all works as expected.

I compiled it using the commandline:

'./configure' '--prefix=/opt/rh/php55' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/rh/php55/etc' '--with-apxs2' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-xsl' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-iconv' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-zip' '--enable-wddx' '--with-libdir=lib64'

Then of course make && make install

I then did the cp of the php.ini file and just a blank screen in anything other than mod_php is there something I am missing here?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy.

This was on centos 6.5 for further information :slight_smile:

Howdy,

When you receive that blank screen, do any errors show up in the error logs for that domain? Those are located in $HOME/logs/error_log.

-Eric

No sadly nothing.

I know its working though the updated PHP version though (or the newest rather) since the website options and setting it to mod_PHP or whatever, CGI works though.

I have been poking around (accidentally responding to a thread that wasn’t this one lol) and think its apache’s (in fact I know it’s apache’s) handling of PHP that’s causing the problem I just seem to remember using another username on this forum I may have forgotten when I looked into this problem.

I will try and log back into that one, I may have it on an old personal blog post I archived in SQL so I will look through that, it’s a weird one.

Just checked on the other account and nothing.
This is a screen shot of my virtual private server in my test server for to get this working, please see attached I will post other configs too when I get there.

Checked my old blog don’t seem to have anything on that at all.

Note to self do not install the epel fcgi module for apache it won’t work lol.I kinda knew that was this morning well that was causing the problem I seem to be good at remembering things this early when I’ve had enough sleep.

Thanks so much this is just so I remind myself and I will put it in a blog posts so I do not waste anyone’s time again.

Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate your time,
Jeremy.

It’s in this one:
https://www.virtualmin.com/node/26762

But for me it’s in the /etc/httpd/conf.d/php54-php.conf

Finally lol!