Postfix won't start port 465 already in use

Hi,

This afternoon last mail delivered at 6PM and after nothing.

When i check status i have this log :
Jul 30 22:51:02 XXXXXX postfix/master[18328]: fatal: bind XXXXXXXX port 465: Address already in use
Jul 30 22:52:19 XXXXXX postfix/master[2519]: fatal: bind XXXXXXXX port 465: Address already in use

When i show status :
● postfix.service - LSB: Postfix Mail Transport Agent
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/postfix; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /run/systemd/generator/postfix.service.d
└─50-postfix-$mail-transport-agent.conf
Active: active (exited) since Thu 2020-07-30 23:05:50 CEST; 17min ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 15978 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/postfix stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 15999 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/postfix start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_sender_restrictions
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_client_restrictions
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_helo_restrictions
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_sender_restrictions
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_client_restrictions
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_helo_restrictions
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix[15999]: …done.
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX systemd[1]: Started LSB: Postfix Mail Transport Agent.
Jul 30 23:05:50 XXXXXX postfix/master[16120]: fatal: bind XXXXXX port 465: Address already in use
Jul 30 23:06:15 XXXXXX systemd[1]: Started LSB: Postfix Mail Transport Agent.

I have tested with netstat and noting on the port 465 … (i can test with other command)

Do you have any idea ?

Nothing update specialy before that.

Thanks

Hi,

You would need to check /etc/postfix/master.cf file and make sure that directive smtps is not listed twice.

Basically, you would need to comment out initial smtps and submission directives, containing mua_sender_restrictions, making it look like this:

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I have compared both configuration before and after the problem.
And this is the difference :

• The smtps line that you say is On on both side
  • the second with smtps has no IP in the working version and the Ip of the server on the bad version
  • On the bad version i have two line for smtps with FailOver IP correponding to a virtualHost and another line for smtps but for 127.0.0.1

Between this 2 version nothing change, just update of the package

It’s normal ?
I have to comment the line that you reference also if it work now with old version ?

Yes, those lines at the top are meant to be commented out. It was a bug in the past, which now has been fixed.

Ok thanks

Other line is normal ? and the modification normal ?

I have to had the new version with line commented you think ?

I am sorry, I don’t understand what you mean. You could try making modifications, restarting Postfix and see the status output. It should work.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.