Postfix weird behavior after transfer vhost to newer server, adding @com

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian 10
Virtualmin version 7.1-1

I have migrated some virtual hosts to another server with very similar configuration. The old its a debian 9 and the new is debian 10, the rest is the same, same virtualmin, webmin and software servers versions.

I cannot receive new incoming email:

Aug 31 10:48:42 imatec-server postfix/smtp[13426]: 68EC6EA3189: to=user.domain@com, orig_to=user@domain.com, relay=none, delay=0.24, delays=0.21/0.02/0.01/0, dsn=5.4.4, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=com type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type)

I changed real address and domain for “user” and “domain”. As you can see, is adding @com to the mapping or something like that. Im comparing both servers postfix configuration. But i cant see where the problem is.

Thanks

The problem was on the option “What domain to use in outbound mail” of Postfix General Options. I have set the option “use domainname” that appears to be empty in all cases. So i changed to /etc/mailname witch is file that contains the hostname of the server. Now its resolving the address as user.domain@hostname.com
I really dont understand this way of mapping. I think with email accounts with address like “user@domain.com” its not translating to a user of the hostname.
I always had the problem of using TLS smtp certificate so i have to use a certificate for the hostname domain instead of the virtualhost domain and maybe is related to this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.