Postfix error after fresh install on a VPS using vm7-beta-install.sh w Ubuntu 22.04

| Postfix error after fresh install on a VPS. I didn’t change the Postfix configuration.

Jun 7 06:59:18 pop postfix/local[7271]: 54217137790: to=a@pop.servers.net, orig_to=a@a.net, relay=local, delay=0.4, delays=0.37/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with status 127: “/usr/bin/procmail-wrapper -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME”. Command output: sh: 1: /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper: not found )

But /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper is there.

This happens when an email is sent to a user.

I used vm7-beta-install.sh downloaded 6-Jun-22.

Ubuntu Linux 22.04
Webmin version 1.994

Usermin version 1.840
Virtualmin version 7.1-1

Authentic theme version 19.93.1

Kernel and CPU Linux 5.15.0-35-generic on x86_64

Processor information Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz, 4 cores

There were no errors reported after the install. I did notice that Postfix was the only server not running so I started it.

I’m not a pro so I can’t do much troubleshooting but this may be something in the install script so I’m reporting it.

Thank you for your tremendous efforts!

What’s the version of the procmail-wrapper package? This is a bug that was fixed, but I guess I pushed the wrong version of the package to the new repos.

Nevermind, I see the problem. I’m updating the repo now. procmail-wrapper 1.1-3 fixes this problem.

1 Like

Yes, Postfix now works as expected. [after ‘Refresh Available Packages’] Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.