Pls help spam+clamav setup

Ok,guys,if there is anyne that qualitfies as a newbie,it would be me.Also pls excuse the english.

Ok,after about 10days of blood sweat and tears,i managed to setup opensuse+usermin+virtualmin+webmin.
I’v setup virtual servers,with virtualmin and all seems good.mail cna be sent and receveid all round.Also not an open relay anymore :wink:

Virtualmin is doing as it should also and it is creating my virtual alias mappings as it should(took me forever to figure out :slight_smile:

Now.all i want now is to setup spam assasin+clamav setup,so that a blanket scan/spam detection is done on every single virtual server’s mails there is,or that would be created,and that i can then go into some sort of box,to delete the spam,or allow it through to user,if it was identified incorrectly.

Is this very hard to do?I will tell you what i have done so far.I have installed clamav+spamassasin via Yast! in opensuse,i have then installed the webmin module to manage spamassasin,and also 3rdparty webmin module to manage clamav v 01.2. now how do i kick this off? when i try and enable it unde rthe virtual servers tab under futaures and plugins. i get this error “Failed to save enabled features : The Procmail program needed for spam filtering does not appear to be installed on your system, or has not yet been set up properly in Webmin’s Procmail Mail Filter module. If your system does not use spam filtering, it should be disabled in Virtualmin’s module configuration page.”

Now.is this where procmail comes in?or can it run without procmail?Do i still need to install procmail?Although it is showing up under webmin.

Pls can anyone assits em any further?And pls remember i am a newbie! :)thnx so much.

ok guys after doing alot of reading i now could enable spam filtering and virus in virtualmin!!this is what happens when i do rechekc and config check.look below

The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …

Mail server Postfix is installed and configured.

Logrotate is installed.

SpamAssassin and Procmail are installed and configured for use.

ClamAV is installed and assumed to be running.

Using network interface eth0 for virtual IPs.

Default IP address for virtual servers is 196.41.26.105.

Quotas are not enabled on the filesystem / which contains email files under /var/spool/mail. Quota editing for email has been disabled.

All commands needed to create and restore backups are installed.

… your system is ready for use by Virtualmin

What need i need info on now is.Where do i see what is begin blocked.And hows does spamassin decide what to block and let through?And where can i see what is begin blocked?Pls i think i am so close!

spoke to soon,no mails get deliverd i think it to do with the mailbox_command in mail.cf which is set to
/usr/bin/procmail.any help pls what should it be for virtual servers?any ideas?

So, you’ve opted not to use our install script…any reason why not?

The default way things get configured when you run the install script, the mailbox_command is set to procmail-wrapper, which is a custom wrapper, but there’s quite a bit of other configuration that goes on.

If you’re going to do things manually, you’ll probably want to have a look at this script (which is the configuration portion of the install process; it won’t cover the dependencies, which you’ll need to install manually):

http://software.virtualmin.com/lib/virtualmin-base-standalone.pl

Thnx for info,problem was,i was new to this and had to install box in record.time,machine is now in production ;( so running the install script is not an option.

If i run the install.sh script now.will it overwrite all settings.Or will i still be able to connect to machine remotely at least,te reconfig all.Or is it just a struggle then to get this going.I really need some help.

Thnx