Phpmyadmin not working after domain rename

Operating system: Ubuntu
OS version: 18.04

I changed the domain name of one of the servers and now the phpmyadmin is not loading. The error I get when visiting newdomain.com/phpmyadmin/ is

Error during session start; please check your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly. Also ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser.
session_start(): open(SESSION_FILE, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)
session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /home/olddomain/tmp)

Somehow, phpmyadmin is still looking in the old location. How do I update it?

Does the site have a custom php.ini file? If so, check the value for session.save_path .

Richard

I don’t have that

Check the database itself for entries or check the config.inc.php file inside the phpmyadmin folder.

No luck. Should I uninstall and reinstall it from the Scripts page? That shouldn’t affect the database itself, right?

Hmm, odd.
Yes, there is no harm in doing that. The only thing which might happen, is that you loose backups which are stored inside the phpmyadmin folder (if they are loaded into that directory, which was possible in earlier versions … not sure if it’s still doable). Meaning, you can remove it and reinstall it.

This is a strange one. Is it possible that the permissions for /home/olddomain/tmp are wrong?

Richard

Reinstalling didn’t make a difference.

@RJM_Web_Design The old location doesn’t exist anymore. Read the first post again please.

I used the change domain feature to revert back to the old domain, then created a new server with new domain and moved the files and database over there manually. Its working now.

There could be an issue with the change domain feature that needs investigating.

2 Likes

If possible, report that at the github with as much information and details as possible.
If its a local issue, too bad. But if it’s a general isse then you will help a lot of people by reporting it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.