- Will Virtualmin has built in PHPMyAdmin like CPanel? Currently, I must manually click Install Script for PHPMyAdmin for each domain. I plan to migrate CPanel with 100 accounts to Virtualmin
- Will Virtualmin support CXS like CSF?
- Installing phpMyAdmin on one domain is enough, you don’t have to install it on everyone
- Virtualmin currently relies on firewalld+fail2ban, I may be wrong but I don’t think this will change in a near future.
In cpanel I can login to mydomain the click PHPMyAdmin. You solution is wrong, because if I install PHPMyadmin on another domain, the I can not open PHPMyAdmin (since I must open other domain which not belong to me). This feature is very important so Virtualmin able to replace CPanel. Same as Webmail.
Also, CPanel very integrated so no need to enter username and password for PHPMyadmin and Webmail!
In cPanel its just that whenever you open it from inside it, it automatically open phpmyadmin with that account’s mysql login details. In custom installation, you can actually use any mysql username/password from the server to manage database available to that mysql user. It is not dependent that on which account/domain its installed.
In cPanel way, its convenient but not really a must have feature as user can install phpmyadmin by own any time as long as they know their mysql user password.
Those are must have features for dump users. Why we use panel for hosting?
- user must not install everything. all standard tools must available, including: phpmyadmin and webmail
- all application must tight integrated to panel, i.e: no need to enter username and password for their own PHPMyAdmin
- user must stick to their own domain. to open PHPMyAdmin you must not need to know other domain where PHPMyAdmin installed
How this features request full filled by Virtualmin to make it easy for dump users which now almost 100% use CPanel in hosting company.
I just create a ticket to CXS Developer to support Virtualmin, because I see Virtualmin team more responsible compare to VestaCP and CWP.
Also Virtualmin has more featured like CPanel rather than other panels.
Updated: CXS team answer that this product support Virtualmin … so both CSF and CXS are working.